The correct illumination of sports field lighting for a sporting activity is essential for safety and performance of sports use
- Impact on the playability of the surface both for the players as for officials.
- Clarity for tracking sporting equipment including balls, shuttlecocks, etc…
- Comfort and improved visuals for spectators.
- Crucial parameter for the media especially during television coverage.
When to measure?
- Rating of the sports venues for the organisation of official competitions.
- Inspection of the works on completion.
- Periodic check and diagnostics of the installation for maintenance operation/maintenance.
- LABOSPORT performs illumination levels checks of the sports field lighting according to the requirements requested by the sports federations and/or according to EN 12193 standards
- The checking is done in one visit.
- Night testing is necessary.
- The test report is sent within 48 hours.
Type of checking
- Checking of the sports field lighting levels.
- Evaluation of conformity of the lighting level.
- The light meters used are calibrated with an calibration laboratory with ISO 17025 accreditation.
- Laser pointers are used for accurate alignment of the photocell with the target (e.g. TV camera stand).
|Any kind of sports facilities||EN 12193
Light and lighting – Lighting of sports facilities
|✔ Checking the level of lighting for all sports practices, internal and external.
✔ Specific test area / size by type of facility.
(Basketball, Handball, Volleyball…)
|✔ Vertical lighting towards the cameras (ecam) and horizontal (Eh) in 135 points
✔ Horizontal lighting (Eh) 14 points.
|Ground for Major Games
(Football, Rugby, Hockey…)
|National & International||✔ Horizontal lighting (Eh) 33 points and vertical (Ev) 96 points. Checking the alternative lighting (Eh = 33 points).
✔ Horizontal lighting (Eh) 36 points and vertical (Ev) 77 points.
|Athletic Tracks||National & International||✔ Horizontal (Eh) and vertical (Ev) lighting: number of points adapted depending on configuration.|
Graphical representation of lighting level ( IN LUX)
Results and report
LABOSPORT prepares an inspection report with a graphical representation of the lighting level detailing the values achieved for each zone across the surface.
The report also includes details of all the measurements and a notice of compliance (or not) of the facility, in relation to the relevant requirements (sports governing bodies, standards, specifications).