Why is certification important for goal posts?
Historically, too many serious injuries and fatalities have occurred due to the inappropriate use, maintenance, construction or installation of goal posts. The use of suitable goal posts is of paramount importance to all organisations and individuals responsible for the provision of sports facilities. To minimise the risk of hazardous goals being used, a series of British (European) Standards have been developed to assess the functionality and safety of goals.
What standards can Labosport test?
As an ISO 17025 accredited test institute, our goal post testing certifies that the goal post conforms to the appropriate national and international standard(s) such as:
- BS EN 748 — Playing field equipment — Football goals — Functional, safety requirements and test methods
- BS EN 750 — Playing field equipment — Hockey goals — Functional, safety requirements and test methods
- BS EN 16579 — Playing field equipment — Portable and permanent socketed goals — Functional, safety requirements and test methods
- BS EN 16664 — Playing field equipment — Lightweight goals — Functional, safety requirements and test methods
What parameters are tested as part of the certification?
- Goal post strength
- Goal post stability
- Net and net fixings strength
- Surface finish
- Transport system