European regulations are adapting in order to reduce microplastics pollution. Synthetic turf sports fields will have to implement protection systems to limit the migration of infill to the environment.
Labosport offers a risk management diagnostic service to assess the compliance of sports facilities according to European recommendations. The technical report CEN TR 11519 lists the good practices to limit the dispersion of infill materials to the environment.
In Sports like cricket and football, there is a potential risk of the ball surpassing boundaries and entering surrounding property developments. One of the challenges manufacturers face often is to understand the height of the fencing required to contain the ball within the perimeters in all cases. Labosport proposes a solution to analyze risk of the balls escaping perimeter by using a ball projectile model developed from data based on professional games to arrive at the level and type of mitigation recommended.
Labosport considers the site measurements to analyze the shortest distances to adjacent properties to ascertain the risk of balls landing in adjacent areas and advise on the type and level of mitigation recommended to provide a suitable level of protection.
Irrespective of the type of surface or the sports played, Labosport’s Training Services are available worldwide and are tailored to meet your precise requirements
Typical course includes one or more modules covering:
- Sports surface selection: learn about the advantages and disadvantages of each type of surface. Deduce which type is the best for a particular project based on objective information.
- Feasibility planning and project costings: learn about the factors that should be considered when initially planning for a new facility. Is the location suitable? Will ground conditions influence the design and the project cost? What supporting infrastructure is required?
- Standards for sports surfaces: Learn how the standards are developed, what the various requirements are and what changes are envisaged in the near future.
- Facility certification: Learn how the certification schemes operated by the various sports governing bodies work. What types of facilities can be certified? which manufacturing and contracting companies can apply for certification? How long is a facility certified, etc..?
- Quality Control procedure and key stage inspection: Learn about the latest quality control techniques and procedures being used to ensure facilities are built to specification.
Our long history and international experience allows us to provide turf training and education solutions across the full spectrum of sports turf management needs. We are equally adept in delivering theory or practical training and will happily prepare a customized course, workshop or seminar to address your specific turf training requirements.
Grow your knowledge with our online training platform for current and future turf professional.